Compact Digital Camera w/ 1-Inch Sensor and 3-Inch LCD Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth Enabled (Silver)
Canon has produced many cameras with one-inch sensors, but none with the minuscule 1.20” x 3.90” x 2.30” measurements this one has — it’s also 7.2 oz (which is lighter than a hamster).
It still boasts a Digic 7 image processor delivering a 20.1 megapixel quality, up to 8.2 fps continuous shooting, and upgrades on the older model — this includes improvements to the time-lapse feature, and processor speed. The silver and brown option adds an old-fashioned, timeless quality.
Action Camera, 12 Megapixel, Digital Image Stabilisation, 4x Wide-Angle Zoom, 4K Video, 120 fps, Wi-Fi (Red)
- Waterproof up to 15 m, shatterproof up to 100 kg, frostproof up to -10°C, shockproof up to 2.1 m and dustproof housing for a carefree use in every circumstance
- Integrated field sensor system: GPS, manometer, temperature sensor, compass
- A double-glazed protective glass construction ensures reliable anti-fogging protection of image sensor
- Four-mode variable macro system for spectacular nature and close-up shots from 30 cm to just 1 cm
- 4K 30P video as well as high-speed Full HD modes for an enhanced slow-motion playback and quality
The best compact camera for travel also needs to be durable — delicate tech is at risk on adventurous holidays. Of all the durable cameras out there, the Olympus Tough TG-6 Action Camera (which is waterproof, shatterproof, frostproof, shockproof and dustproof) is one that maintains an impressive performance.
Premium Compact Camera with 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor (DSCRX100M7)
- 20. 1MP 1. 0 Type stacked CMOS sensor, Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* 24 200 millimeter F2. 8 F4. 5 large aperture high magnification zoom lens
- 0. 02 sec. High AF speed, 357 point focal plane Phase detection AF and 425 point contrast detection AF
- Up to 20 fps blackout free shooting, using up to 60 times/sec. Af/AE calculations.Dioptre Adjustment:-4.0 to +3.0 m-1
- Ai based real time tracking for stills and movies, and touch tracking. Real time eye AF for human (stills and movies), and for animal (stills only)
- 4K video with s log3 and Interval Shooting. Microphone jack and vertical position data recording. Active mode image stabilization in 4K video recording, and Movie Edit add on compatible
If you’re looking for something slightly more high-end, then the Sony RX100 VII is a premium choice. It has a large 1.0 type image sensor, 20.1 megapixels, real-time eye AF (for animals as well as people) and 20 fps continuous shooting with enhanced image stabilisation. This is a camera for serious photographers and creatives.
Digital Compact High Zoom Travel Camera with 180-Degrees Tiltable LCD Screen (18.2 MP, 30 x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC) (Black)
- Zeiss vario sonnar T30x optical zoom lens for extra clear pictures
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor for higher image quality even when dark battery life (still images): Up to 400 shots/200 minutes
- 180 Degree tiltable LCD screen for easy framing of selfies or low position shots this product is compatible with final cut pro X and iMovie
- Use built-in NFC/Wi-Fi capability to send photos and movies from your camera to other mobile devices, it takes just a single touch of your mobile device to the camera to make the connection
- Bionz X image processing engine delivers more detail with less noise. Image control quality (fine/standard). Light metering mode — multi pattern, center weighted, spot
The Zeiss 30x optical zoom lens and the 180-degree tiltable screen is what this camera has to offer. The best compact camera for travel will need to accommodate both long-distance shots and cosy selfies, and the Sony DSC-WX500, with its 18.2 megapixel resolution, does exactly that.
Digital Camera (Landscape, Night Portrait, Portrait, Sunset, Neutral, Vivo, Electronic, Battery, MILC, 16–50 mm)
- 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and Focus Sensitivity Range :EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- ISO 100–25600 (expandable to 51200). Lens compatibility- Sony E-mount lenses
- Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase-detection and 25 contrast detect points
- Up to 11 FPS continious shooting. 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots.Viewfinder Type:0.39 in-type electronic viewfinder (color).
- DOES NOT INCLUDE AC ADAPTER.
This is perhaps the best all-round choice of Sony’s cameras, and while it has a slightly weaker battery, it has one of the best resolutions on our list yet — 24.3 megapixels. Intuitive practicality and producing immensely crisp photos are the selling points here — this is for the photographers after that perfect photo.
Mirrorless Camera with LEICA 12–60 mm Lens (Black)
- World’s fastest camera*. never miss a shot with the LUMIX G9 Mirrorless camera. Take advantage of advanced tracking performance of this 4K video Mirrorless camera, shooting at fastest-in-class** 20fps with continuous AF for super-speedy subjects. The focus locks in just 0.04 seconds*** and tracks motion continuously, giving you the ability to capture even the most elusive wildlife shot
- Exceptional image quality. A 20.3 megapixel digital live MOS sensor combines with the latest Venus processing engine in this superior Mirrorless camera to bring you superb detail, as well as low noise, fantastic colours and brightness. A new high resolution mode delivers 80 megapixel (equivalent) images in both JPEG and raw, Ready for large print outs. The incredible detail and depth, which this Mirrorless camera delivers, is rendered by combining 8 images taken while shifting the sensor
- 4K video and 6K photo. This Mirrorless camera 4K video delivers incredible video resolution for breath- taking quality, making every detail Ever so flawless. 6K photo ensure you never miss the perfect moment with 30 photos per second at 18MP
- PANASONIC Leica DG VARIO-ELMARIT 12–60mm f/2.8–4.0. High quality versatile lens that provides beautiful bokeh. Designed to be dust and splash-proof as well as freeze-proof down to -10
- Compact and light. This 4K video Mirrorless camera has been designed to give you the maximum freedom with its lightweight design and compact size. Much smaller and lighter than a DSLR, the G9 is ideal for travelling light while still capturing high-quality images. Lumix G lenses are much more compact than equivalent DSLR lenses, giving you the flexibility to shoot from a distance with a telephoto lens and still keep things crisp
For the wildlife photographers, this model from Panasonic is ideal. A focus lock of 0.04 seconds helps to capture those lightning-fast moments, and a high-resolution mode allows a stunning 80 megapixel image to be taken to obtain a striking macro shot.
20.3 MP Camera — Black
- A powerful pocket-sized, travel camera with huge 40x optical zoom to capture beautiful distant detail
- Focusing range 1.0 cm (0.4 Inch) — infinity (W), 2.0 m (6.6 ft) — infinity (T). Enjoy superb shots day or night with 20.3 MP HS system
- Shoot realistic full HD 60p movies and enjoy steady results at full zoom or running with 5- axis dynamic image stabilizer
- Connect on the go. Shoot remotely and share or back up images via your smart device with Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth.Focusing Range 1 cm — infinity (W), 2.0 m — infinity (T)
- Canon PowerShot SX730 HS, wrist strap WS-800, battery pack NB-13L, battery charger CB-2LHE, AC cable, user Mmanual Kkit
If you’re looking to snap things from afar, then the Canon Powershot SX730 HS offers a remarkable 40x optical zoom. With a 20.3 megapixel resolution, 300g weight, wi-fi and Bluetooth, full HD 1080p and 60 fps video — and currently costing under £300 — this is potentially the best compact camera for travel within a budget.
Advanced Digital Compact Premium 4K Camera (EVF, 4K Movie, 40 x Slow Motion, Wi-Fi, 180 Degrees Tiltable LCD Screen, 24 fps) (Black)
- 315 Phase-Detection Autofocus points for wide coverage, high-speed focusing (0.05 second) and accurate tracking of fast moving subject
- 24fps continuous shooting with AF and AE tracking, large buffer and fast processing. Diopter adjustment -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- 20.1 MP 1 inch type Exmor RS CMOS sensor with DRAM chip, Bionz X and new LSI for stunning speed and image quality
- 40x super slow motion video with up to 1000 fps
- Rechargeable battery pack
For those interested in making videos on their travels, this may be a winning option. It has smooth-tracking continuous shooting up to 24 fps, 4k video resolution and up to 960 fps super slow-motion shooting. This is the travel camera for the filmmaker.
Digital Compact Camera, 24mp, 28mm f 2.8 lens with Touch Screen LCD
- 24 MP CMOS Sensor with accelerator unit helps achieve remarkable image quality; 3 Axis; 4 Stop Shake Reduction ensures sharp images even in lower light conditions; It is also compatible with multi tone 14 bit RAW image recording
- 3 inches Air gapless Capacitive Touch LCD Screen makes controlling the GR III event easier with complete menu control as well as focus and shutter release;It is confirmed that a USB connection can be established between the camera and the following OS’s; Windows 10(FCU, CU) (32 bit, 64 bit), Windows 8.1(32 bit, 64bit), Windows 8(32 bit, 64 bit), or Windows 7(32 bit, 64 bit); Mac macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.12 Sierra, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- The GR III features a hybrid AF system combining a contrast type AF mechanism superior in focusing precision with a phase detection type AF mechanism assuring high speed focusing operation; Taking advantage of both mechanisms, it assures faster, more responsive auto focus operation
- “The GR III provides wireless LAN functions for easy pairing with mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers; By installing the dedicated Image Sync application on a mobile device, the user can display a Live View image on the device’s monitor, release the shutter and send various commands from the device”
- Full HD movie recording (1920 x 1080 pixels, 60 frame rate) in the H.264 recording format
After something a little different? The Ricoh GR III’s 24 megapixel quality with CMOS sensor stabilisation and full HD recording capabilities mean that this ultra-compact camera is a serious contender with some of the big brands.
26.1 megapixel image sensor
- 26.1MP APS-C CMOS image sensor
- X-Processor 4
- Newly designed 23mmF2 lens
- 4K 30p video recording
- 3.0 inch rear-tilting LCD touchscreen
Potentially the most stylish on our list, this Fujifilm X100V has an exceptional 26.1 megapixel image sensor, combined with a design that epitomises exactly how a camera should look. An elegant exterior combined with an outstanding technological quality means you simply can’t go wrong here.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about: