Most of you know that when I’m not travelling, I’m based in the wonderful UK city of Liverpool. This week, I headed into town to visit the Liverpool Christmas market. It’s much smaller and compact than the Manchester Christmas Market, but it’s still a festive treat! There are also many more lovely festive events going on around the city, and it’s always a good idea to spend Christmas in Liverpool.
Where is Liverpool Christmas Market?
The Liverpool Christmas market is located on St George’s Plateau in the city centre, against the backdrop of the magnificent St George’s Hall. You can’t miss it if you’re travelling in to Liverpool by train because it’s directly in front of Liverpool Lime Street station. The market is free to enter and opens at 4pm-10pm on Friday 15 November, and will operate during the following opening times afterwards:
Sunday — Wednesday: 11am to 9pm
Thursday — Saturday: 11am to 10pm
The Market will be open every day up until Monday 23 December, which will be the last day in 2019.
What’s On at Liverpool Christmas Market
The Christmas market has it’s very own festive big wheel that lights up at night, along with the Christmas lights of the beautiful St George’s hall.
There are plenty of food stalls including Yorkshire puddings, Bratwurst and a Waffle house.
The drinks on offer include mulled wine and festive beers. There is also a ‘Ski-lodge’ to drink in, which has karaoke cable cars! Expect to see some fair rides for the kiddies too.
How to get to the Liverpool Christmas Market
- The nearest Bus Station is Queens Square (approx. 100m from the Market)
- Some local bus services stop directly outside the Market.
- Lime Street Station (for local and national rail services) is located directly opposite the Market.
- Access into the station is via steps, passenger lift or long sloped footpath.
- On arrival taxis should drop-off on William Brown Street
- Taxi ranks (for hackney carriages) are available on Skelhorne Street and Lord Nelson Street.
- UBER is available in Liverpool and OLA is now starting to filter through too!
- The nearest general car parking is available at Fraser Street, with a Pay & Display on William Brown Street
- Blue Badge holders can park at William Brown Street (spaces are limited)
- The city centre is expensive and parking difficult to find, so if possible, leave the car behind and jump on a bus or grab an Uber.
Top tips for Visiting Liverpool Christmas Market
- Remember to bring plenty of cash as you may need to pay a deposit for a mulled wine glass. Be sure to give it back before you leave, unless you would like to keep it as a souvenir.
- Although some of the sellers take credit or debit cards, a lot of them still only take cash, so be sure to get some cash before you get to the markets. ATM’s are available, but you would need to walk onto Church street or into St Johns. There are currently no cash points in Lime St Station.
- The market can be really busy on weekends, which does make for a fun vibe. Nevertheless, if you don’t really want to stand in line for each market stall, the ideal time it to visit is on a weekday before most people finish work.
What to Wear for Liverpool Christmas Market
Bring the correct clothing to the markets, it’s winter so it’ll be very cold in the North of England. Wrap up warm in jeans and jumpers.
Hat scarf and gloves are essential items for the North of England in the winter. It will get colder the later in the day that you visit!
Also, don’t forget your waterproof jacket and umbrella — it can rain quite frequently in Liverpool
Where to stay for visiting the Liverpool Christmas Market
Pullman Liverpool Hotel
Located conveniently in Liverpool, Pullman Hotel is a great spot from which to explore this vibrant city. Guests can have easy access to all that the lively city has to provide. With its location, the hotel is closely situated near the must-see destinations. First-rate hotel facilities and services that define the Accor Hotels experience anticipate you at the Pullman Liverpool Hotel. While staying at this wonderful property, guests can have 24-hour room service, 24-hour security, free Wi-Fi in all rooms, daily housekeeping and postal service. All guest accommodations have plenty of considerate amenities to guanrantee you have an unmatched sense of luxury. The hotel offers wonderful recreational facilities such as fitness centre, golf course (within 3 km) to make your stay truly unforgettable. Pullman Liverpool Hotel is your number one destination for top quality hotel accommodations in Liverpool.
Hope Street Hotel
For travellers who want to take in the sights and sounds of Liverpool, Hope Street Hotel is the perfect choice. Situated only 0.7 Km from the city centre, guests are well located to enjoy the town’s attractions and activities. This modern hotel is in the vicinity of popular city attractions such as Unity Theatre, Philharmonic Hall Liverpool, Everyman Theatre. At Hope Street Hotel, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. Guests of the hotel can enjoy on-site features like 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour front desk, facilities for disabled guests, Wi-Fi in public areas. Guests may choose from 89 rooms, all of which display an atmosphere of total harmony and peace. The hotel offers fantastic facilities, including fitness centre, massage, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. Enjoy top class services and a truly impressive address at the Hope Street Hotel.
Radisson Blu Hotel Liverpool
Designed for both business and leisure travel, Radisson Blu Hotel Liverpool is ideally situated in Liverpool City Centre; one of the city’s most popular locales. From here, guests have easy access everything the city has to offer. First-rate hotel services and facilities that define the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group experience await you at the Radisson Blu Hotel Liverpool. 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi in all rooms, daily housekeeping, 24-hour front desk, facilities for disabled guests are just a few of the facilities that set Radisson Blu Hotel Liverpool apart from other hotels in the city. Also, all guestrooms have a large variety of comforts. Most of the rooms in the hotel offer television LCD/plasma screen, complimentary instant coffee, carpeting, complimentary tea and mirrors to please the most discerning guest. The Radisson Blu Hotel is one of the best in Liverpool and the popularity of it shows its true excellence.
Originally published at https://www.templeseeker.com on December 18, 2019.