This article published on Medium contains Amazon affiliate links and links to other relevant affiliate partners. These links do not cost you anything to use and help us to get this information to you for free.
Cascais is a lovely town located in the Lisboa region of Portugal. It’s known for its picturesque beaches and dramatic coast, which are spectacular even when the tide is low. Today’s blog is all about the best things to do in Cascais.
Best Things to do in Cascais
Here are some things to do while visiting this intriguing little town of Cascais:
- Go on a surfing excursion with a local surf instructor or rent your own board from one of Cascais’ many surf shops. Local companies Surf4All and X-treme Adrenaline provide high quality surfing equipment and professional instruction for both beginners and advanced surfers.
- Have a picnic on the beach; sunbathe, swim, kayak or try out SUP (stand up paddle boarding) which is a new sport gaining popularity in Cascais.
- Explore the pristine beaches of Cascais. Head out early (especially in summer) to avoid the crowds and enjoy the wide, beautiful beaches of Cascais (which are well equipped with public facilities). The beach at Guincho, which is very close by is particularly beautiful.
- Attend a professional sailing event. The annual championship of the Clube Naval de Cascais is held in June or July every year. Enjoy the thrilling winds and beautiful views as sailing enthusiasts from all over Europe compete here for the championship title. The competition takes place in front of the António Nobre Museum of Sailing located by Barra Forte beach in Cascais. The top sailors are supported by an amateur race program that includes children and adults who compete against each other during this traditional event.
Parque Natural da Arrabida
- Visit Parque Natural da Arrábida, a nature preserve on the southern coast of Cascais. It’s an ideal spot for hiking, biking and picnicking on the wild beaches. The park has many creeks, small lakes and small waterfalls, and it makes for a great day trip while you’re in…